Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Theme week Three

I awake with the morning sun beaming down on my face. The cool breeze from the window makes shivers go up my spine. I look to my left and see my two-year-old son starring at me.
Sammy: "I got to go pee! Please mama take my pull up off."
Me: Ok Sammy lets go get you on the big potty."
I walk up the stairs carrying Sammy all the way. I set him on the potty and tell him to go pee. He then lets out some serious morning gas.
" I farted mama! He he he!"
"Say excuse me Sammy."
"Excuse me" Sammy says in a small, meek voice.
"Are you all done Sammy?"
"Uh huh."
"Ok then lets go downstairs and get breakfast."
"Do you want French toast or cereal today?"
"I want chocolate milk!"
"Sammy get out of the fridge please. I will get you chocolate milk in a minute. I have to get your cereal first."
"OK mama"
"Get up to the table and sit in your seat, I will bring your breakfast over."
As we sit down to eat I notice that Sammy has his finger up his nose.
"Don’t pick you nose Sammy it is disgusting. No Sammy doesn’t eat it either! That is not OK Sammy we don’t pick our nose and eat it."
"Sorry mama."
"Now please eat your breakfast and then you can take your bath and get ready for your day at home with mama."
After bath time came and went I read books to Sammy and played with the cat a bit. Sammy is always torturing our cat and in turn our cat tortures Sammy.
" Mama, cat bite big boy."
" You need to leave the cat alone and stop trying to put him in the box, then the cat wont bite you. OK Sammy it is time for your nap, Go get silky and mama will sing some songs to you while you go to sleep.”
“ I want my binky too.”
“OK here is your binky and silky now lets sing a few songs. Can you sing little star for me?”
“Tinkle, tinkle wittle sta, how wonda what are, up abut the erld so eye, like a dima in the sky, twinkle, wittle sta.”
“Good job honey! Now can you sing Rock a by Baby?”
“Ock a baby on tee ta, en the win blow the cadle will ock. En the bow bakes the cadle will fall, and down will come Sammy, ight into mam’s arms. YEAH!
“Great job Sammy! Now go to sleep and when you wake up Daddy will be home.”

Now that I can relax and do my homework, I sit at the computer with my eyes heavy and my brain empty. I dont know what to write for this dialogue theme. I hope and pray that I do not have redo it like I have had to do with some of the prompts. Sitting here with my cold hands on the keyboard, I can’t think of any dialogue I have on a regular basis other than with my kids. It is awfully cute when my two year old sings to me! ;)

2 comments:

johngoldfine said...

It does sound pretty cute!

I envy you having a little kid around, even the farts and nose-picking. Before you know it, he will be a young hellraiser....

Anyway, you do a fine job with scene-setting and dialogue, and here are the words you want to hear from me: 'I have no advice to offer today.'

Helen said...

Thank you John. That was a very hard one to write. It is hard to keep things non-fiction and I feel like the only thing I can talk about are my kids, they are my life.