Thursday, January 17, 2008

Time to kill!

I have almost three hours to kill between my last class and my next class. This give me time to make sure I have everything ready for upcoming classes. I have completed my computer class assignments up to a point where I need help. I had my first A&P II lab today and it wasn't so bad. I have a lot of notes of things I need to look up or review, because i want to make sure I don't get lost this semester. I finally fell asleep at 3am and had to get up at 6am. My some Samuall was up all night puking, and got very upset when I didn't want to give him a drink of milk. I have a very long day today... I had my first class here at 8am and I'm here until 4pm, then I go to my son Joshua's swimming lessons and then home, grab something to eat and off to my firefighter Class for three hours. I get out of there around nine and got straight to bed when I get home. I usually get to sleep in on Friday but this week we are headed to Oakfield, Maine. We have two camps up there on the original settlement road. Our camps are right next to the cemetery where the first settlers are buried. It is a passed down story that the settlers died from contaminated water. It is an urban legend that you are suppose to say "Hi Ada" and "Bye Ada" when you go by the cemetery. Ada is said to be the ghost that takes things from the camps while we are sleeping. If you say what you are suppose to then she wont bother your belongings. I'm a paranoid mother, so I say what I am suppose to because I'm afraid she might take one of my kids... LOL! Anyway as you can see I'm excited to go to camp and get away for a few days. I'm dreading the outhouse thing though. We really are "roughing it" when we go to our camp in the sticks. But the kids love it and My Fiance loves it, so I get to enjoy their smiles while we are there. Plus it is snowmobile season! YEAH!

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Contaminated water was a big risk--one of the pleasures of not living in the good old days is not having to worry about what comes out of the tap.