Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Week 1 Journal

It is 1am and I really should be going to bed but I have to much on my mind to sleep. I am still not ready for this semester to start and I'm a bit stressed about it. It seems as though when I first came back to school a year and half ago that things came easy fro me. Even after ten years of being out of school. I impressed not only my family but myself when I made the Deans list my first two semesters. One would think that it would also have impressed the woman doing the interviews for the Surgical Tech program. I just don't understand? I have eight years of medical training in the Army, six years as a Certified Nursing Assistant, I'm an Emergency Medical Technician, and have been a first responder for the Orland fire department for two years. How could I not get chosen for the program? But a twenty year old kid with no medical background gets chosen? I guess I didn't turn on the charm enough or something. Anyway that is the only problem I have had with this school. I will interview again and be a bit more prepared now that I know what to expect. So until then I keep taking class' and keep making the Deans list to prove not only to myself but to everyone who ever doubted me, that I can graduate with honors and I will!

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

That must be disappointing and frustrating in the extreme--you certainly sound to me as if you have a serious interest in the medical field....